Thursday, June 18, 2009

[one]

Patrick's POV

I walk into a hair salon, just try to fit a hair cut into my busy schedule and can't help but be happy when I find it practically empty except for two ladies up by the cash register. The brunette smiles at me when I enter, most likely the owner while the blond looks up at me, acknowledging me but quickly turning back to humming whatever song she has playing, but not before I catch the glimmer of a black eye, albeit in a later form, probably already healing.

"Can I help you?" the brunette asks before looking over at her friend, I'm supposing, who is now flipping through a magazine. I can tell she's concerned about her for some reason.

"Do you have time to fit me in for a hair cut? I'm kind of in a hurry," I explain.

"Anything for you Mr. Kane," she says with a smile before walking past me and motioning me to follow her. Hockey fans... nice.

"You can call me Pat," I offer, looking over at her friend one more time before following her.

She gets started cutting my hair when the friend slinks over to where we are, sitting down on a stool next to me, but not close enough to touch. She looks in the mirror in front of us, lightly touching the bruising on her face while singing softly along to the song on the loud speakers.

(lyrics from Best Days Of Your Life by Kellie Pickler)
I heard you're gonna get married
have a nice little family
live out my dreams with someone knew
But I've been told that a cheater is always a cheater
But I've got my pride, she's got you.

"Peydon," the brunette snaps, "you aren't doing yourself any favors." She waits for a response, a rebuttal of some kind, but the blond just sits there looking in the mirror, twirling her long, wavy blond hair around her finger, cocking her head to the side as if she's highly considering something. "I'm sorry," the brunette continues, "she just broke up with her boyfriend." I'm about to reply when the blond interrupts me, finally speaking for the first time since I've been here.

"Fiance," she interjects before looking at me. "Don't ever cheat on your girlfriend, be man enough to tell her it's over," she instructs, looking me in the eye once before going back to twirling her hair around her finger.

"Did he do that to you?" I ask, wishing I hadn't immediately after it's came out of my mouth. She looks in the mirror, narrowing her eyes on the blue and purple area on her cheek around scratches, before she swallows and shakes her head yes and starts humming along to the music again.

"Don't mind her.."the brunette starts again, shaking her head before she's interrupted by the blond, or Peydon I suppose.

"I wanna cut it off," she says boldly before flipping her hair over her shoulder, catching the brunette completely off guard.

"Peydon, think rationally. You're hair is your pride and joy. Nobody has hair that blond and that pretty naturally," she says while shaking her head as if to imply that she won't do it.

"He liked it long," the blond answers while a look of defiance crosses her face. "I want it gone."

"Sweetheart, think about it," the brunette instructs before taking me back up the cash register where I pay. "She's not normally like this," the owner says before I turn to leave, but not before I look at the blond headed, somewhat lifeless girl that is still starring at her hair in the mirror. How a man could do that so a woman like that I'll never know how..

2 comments:

  1. i'm liking it so far!! :) update soon!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhhmazing!!!!!!
    ive been waiting for a good kane story!!!!

    ReplyDelete